Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Fucking Altitude

Ever since I got here on Friday, I've been cursed with a nasty cough, I feel like I've been smoking for 50 years... its kind of nasty.

I've used everything, cough syrup, nyquil and neocitron and for some reason I can't shake it.

So, since this cough has gotten on my nerves I've decided to blame it on the altitude. Fucking altitude. Its tiring living here because the air is so thin... your nose runs constantly, sinuses plug and unplug, your skin dries out, you cough like something feirce, you can't walk up the street with out being winded and all you can think about is sleeping....damn flimsy mountain air!. Some people say it takes a week to become acclimated and some say a month... I say it better be tomorrow because I'm loosing my mind!!

I think yesterday was the worst day yet, it kind of went something like this

5am: cough, cough, cough, get up to pee, drink some water, cough, cough, blow my nose and cough

5:15 am: coughcoughcoughcough hack some shit coughcoughcough

9am: blow my nose, coughcoughcough, get dressed, cough

12am: walk to Phils truck, climb in Phils truck, WINDED, cough cough cough, catch my breath

1pm: Fernie, drink copious amounts of liquid, cough, climb down from Phils truck, walk into Canadian Tire....winded.

2pm: Sparwood, tired as shit, drink more liquids, cough

4pm: Transfer Station, double fist Slurpee and Vitamin Water, cough cough, totally fatigued

5pm: Unpack but by then I feel like I'm litterally going to die. coughcoughcouuuuuugh. Lie on couch

6pm: Still on couch...several nose blows later

6:15: coughcoughcoughcoughcough, sigh.

8pm: Terry is home, complain complain cough cough complain. Drink more liquids, slather on chap stick, go back to loosing my will to live on the couch. COUGH.

No comments:

Post a Comment