Friday, March 5, 2010

Chicks Dig Scars

I reluctantly agreed to go to Pincher Creek with Phil today, I was some what keen until I found out how long it would take to get us there. Pincher Creek Alberta is one of the many day trip options we have here. If you want Wal-Mart you drive to Pincher Creek, if you want a mall or Costco you drive to Lethbridge and if you want an airport you have your choice between Cranbrook or Calgary...in any case it's some serious investment inside a car.

Leave it to my 10 year old nephew Josh... he saves the day! gets me out of a road trip to Mennonite land. He cut his leg open on some ice today at school and just as we were about to leave for Pincer Creek, I get a phone call from my sissy Becca. "Josh cut his leg open and we think he needs stitches, Can you watch Max for me".. done and done.

Josh is such a trooper, today was twin day at school and when we picked him up from school he hobbles out in a pink t-shirt (so he could be twins with the girls, did I mention he was cleaver?), burgundy shorts and his gum boots. Blood pouring out of the C shaped cut on his knees, tears coming down his cheeks and all I could do was reassure him that chicks dig scars.

Stitch free, clean bandaged and with a change of pants (pink shirt still on, might I add) Josh was in better spirits and as we stood in the clinic parking lot debating whether we should drive into Pincher Creek, the time management gods shined down upon us and Phil suggested that we might as well go to Sparwood and leave Pincher Creek to another day. Thank fucking god! no car investments, no Mennonites and no Wal-Mart...at least for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment