Thursday, March 4, 2010

Cougar Update!!

Its like Cougar mania here!
So with all this hype, I was a little hesitant to walk over to Becca's house. Becca's backyard fences our condo parking lot, but in order to get there you have to walk around her row of townhouses, over a mound of ice-snow-muddy brown gravel, through the play ground flooded with ice and water, over another mound of muddy brown gravel and onto her street..... did I mention our condo parking lot has icy patches?

Now that being said, I've become quite the pro at navigating this wacky terrain and when Becca invited me over for tea, I hopped into my now dubbed "Elkford" boots and headed out the door.

Then that blasted Cougar sighting flooded my mind....the one that was spotted in my parking lot. Forget the bear spray that might actually save my life, I'm going to carry my camera...so if it does cross my path... I can take a picture of it...priorities Lisa.

So, I'm walking through the lot, looking around everywhere, every little noise, praying that Becca can see me through her kitchen window.... no cougar..
I move onto the ice-snow-muddy brown gravel mound...looking all around, slowly treading around the corner... no cougar
Onto the flooded play ground, my heart is racing...looking all around...no cougar. Almost at Bec's but I'm not safe yet...a cougar could be lurking anywhere
Now as it seems I might clear the flooded playground with no problems, I turn around and in the neighbors backyard...

..a dear, it scared the shit out of me I jumped and yelled, almost had a heart attack!. A deer!, this place is plagued with them!, they are everywhere! there is nothing to fear about a dear..they're cute they eat your lawn...they don't transform into a ravenous mountain cat looking to eat every child and dog they can get their paws on....

Needless to say, when I walk over to Becca's house today, I'll have bear spray in one hand and my camera in the other, because after all, you can't miss a good photo op when it crosses your path!

No comments:

Post a Comment