Thursday, April 15, 2010

Free Winona!!


Victoria First Day, feeling slightly less anxious then yesterday, wooo! I might be slightly less anxious but I'm slightly more bored!! good god.

It felt nice to sleep in my own bed, Terry and I's bed. Not the furnished apartment bed that can't seem to hold sheets, but THEEEE bed... nicely made by my mother with hospital corners and all. It also felt nice to cuddle with my little pup, my wee little dee.. my pointy eared hot water bottle that snores.

I've seemed to settle into the norm, get up, drink tea, eat cheerios and recline on the couch until something better comes along. Gotta love the big screen t.v and the lazy boy sofa. To my delight, I hit the afternoon movie marathon wave... Girl, Interrupted fallowed by Reality Bites... just me, my pup and Winona Ryder.

Whatever happened to Winona? she stole some shit, starred in a movie with Adam Sandler and then disappeared...gonzo. In the 80's and early 90's, she ruled! she starred in some of my favourite movies...Edward Scissorhands, BeetleJuice, Great Balls of Fire, How to Make an American Quilt, Mermaids and who can forget Little Women... Her movies are the reason to stay home sick from school.

One reason, I love Reality Bites is its soooo quintessential grunge. I love grunge .. the fusion of 70's polyester, Dickies, vintage t-shirts and PLAID... love plaid. Ever since I moved to the Koots, my plaid ownership has gone up 100%. Grunge is the best excuse to wear whatever you want and never to laundry. Watching this movie as I type this blog, I really feel the need to hit up the Sally Ann and not match for the rest of my life. Perfect!




No comments:

Post a Comment