Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Day One


Day One of house sitting for Rebecca:

Becca and the Fam packed up and went home... the other home, Victoria... for a week!! lucky!.. not to mention Bec and Court are staying in Tofino for two days... yea yea slightly jealous.

I suppose this is day one and a half because they did leave yesterday and we did stay here last night... but no need to get technical. Last night was awesome, it totally felt like my first co-ed sleep over, because we slept downstairs on the pull out couch. Screw sleeping upstairs in a real bed!, we're campin' out in the basement... the reason for this, Spencer.

Spencer the dog, the lovable ole pup can't sleep on the beds upstairs, but he can sleep on the couch downstairs and well Terry being able to sleep with Spencer was a make or break deal. Don't blame him really, back in Vic, my mums Boston Terrier used to sleep in my bed and my Christ, Daisy can pump out some serious heat.

Today was also day one of snow... yes glorious snow. Sure, since I've been here there has been snow on the ground... gross muddy-sandy-snow... So when Terry yelled "It snowed!", I thought... yes Terry, it snowed like a month ago. But to my surprise, when I finally got up, there was a fresh coat of beautiful snow, finally the winter can be the winter.

Don't get me wrong, lovin' the sunny warm weather... but it freaks me out that it is so warm this early, especially here... there is no need for the bears to wake up early!. I mean, I'm still on cougar watch, I don't need to be looking for bears too! I want my wilderness experience to be gradual... you know.. first dear and elk, then maybe moose, then perhaps a mountain goat....you know so I get used to having critters around me.. then bring on the cougars and bears.. from a distance in a car with the doors locked with bear spray in my hands to make myself feel better, you know, like a comfort blanket.

Plus!! I can get some more use out of my winter boot... I mean, the whole purpose of investing in those bad boys was for epic snow, not to look pretty in my closet. So bring it on Mother Nature, make those bears sleep longer! at least another week, at least until the novelty of snow runs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment