Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Snow Watch Day 1


Yesterday, I got home from my visit to Victoria. And true to mountain form, its bloody cold. Victoria was a humid nightmare, one minute cold... one minute boiling hot. Since getting used to my dry atmosphere, I've always had a hard time getting my body temperature just right when I'm on the coast. Now that Halloween is approaching, we've come to the Snow Watch... the snow count down, "Any day now" and "Its been trying really hard the past few days" is what I've been hearing today and it damn near feels like it.

Snow Watch Day 1: Frosty trees, no frosty snowmen.

Halloween in the snow..hmmm... I remember one year it snowed in Victoria one Halloween and me thinking I'm the funniest person ever kept singing "I'm dreaming of a whiiiite halloween"... right, looking back... it wasn't that funny and I remember why I was a nerd in elementary school!

Anyways, last year when Terry moved out here and I stayed on the coast, I came out here to visit.. and yes, there was snow. Josh had so many layers under his costume, I wondered how he could move let alone be comfortable. So, is that what happens here? Do you buy your costumes extra large so you can layer up? Or do you wear your coat over your costume and flash your neighbors for candy? Or do you risk it and suffer hypothermia?
I suppose it all depends on how devoted you are to your costume, either way you do what you can for free candy. Me, I'm going to do what I did last year, wear my down coat (if it will zip up over my belly), touque, gloves, boots and pinch off my nephews stash. Perfect.

1 comment:

  1. There a probably a lot of pumpkin and bee costumes there. Anything you can stuff really.

    ReplyDelete